Roofing is an Essential Aspect of Building Construction that goes Beyond Mere Sheltering.
A Well-Designed & Properly Installed Roof Provides Vital Protection, Insulation, & Structural Support to a Building, Safeguarding its Occupants & Belongings from the Harsh Elements of Nature.
Roofs More so than Other Parts of a Building are Constantly Exposed to Harsh Weather Conditions, Including Extreme Heat, Freezing Temperatures, Heavy Rain, Hailstorms, & Strong Winds.
These Elements Can Cause Gradual Deterioration of Roofing Materials, Leading to Leaks, Cracks, & Potential Structural Damage.
When Roofing Issues Arise, Repairs can be Expensive, Especially if the Damage is Extensive or if the Problem Has Been Neglected for an Extended Period.
Depending on the Type of Roofing Material Used & the Complexity of the Repair, Building & Homeowners May Face High Repair or Replacement Bills.
While Some Materials May Last Longer Than Others, Eventually with the Old Roof Practice Sooner or Later it Would be Recommended to Fully Tear Off & Replace a Roof. Producing Costly & Unwanted Waste.
Also Incurring Many Other Direct & Indirect Fees.
Roof Replacement is Still is a Common Occurrence, but Few Fully Realize the Harmful Effects of this Outdated Practice.
Today Much Better Options are Available.
The Environmental Impact of Old Roofing Materials that Need to be Removed & Replaced Contribute to a Growing Waste Problem.
Moreover, Some of These Roofs Contain Toxic & Hazardous Materials Like Asbestos, Which Can be Harmful to Both Human Health & the Environment.
Invasive & Offensive
- Tear Off, Removal & Replacement can Come with Intrusive Construction Activities that May be Disruptive to Occupants, Causing Indirect Costs.
- Building Downtime, Relocation Fees for Personnel & Contents as Well as Costly Manufacturing or Production Loss can be an Expensive Part of Removal & Replacement
- In Addition, Replacement Materials can Often be Extremely Offensive Giving Off Strong, Harsh Odors, High VOC’s & Harmful Toxic Chemicals.
Non-Solar Reflective - Absorbing & Creating High Heat:
- Old Roofing Surfaces are Usually Dark Colored & NOT Solar Reflective, Notorious for Absorbing Sunlight & Retaining Great Amounts of Heat.
- Heat then Transferred Into Buildings Causing Costly Interior Temperatures Requiring Higher Amounts of Energy & Resources to Cool them.
- That Heat Absorbed also Radiates out Intensifying the Urban Heat Island Effect in Cities. Impacting Air Quality & Energy Consumption. Old roofs, with Their Dark, Worn-Out Surfaces, Negatively Contribute a Significant Amount to this Issue.
- This High Heat Absorbing Surface also Rapidly Increases Roof Deterioration & Overall Break Down.
Old Roofs Often Contain Unhealthy Materials:
- Asbestos, Asphalt, Coal Tar Based Mixtures, PCB’s & Other Solid Hazardous Materials can be Present in Much Old Roofing.
- These All Pose Risks to Both the Environment & Human Health.
- Toxic Ingredients Used in Roofing Consistently Release Toxins Causing Pollution from Typical Breakdown & Rain Runoff that Contaminates Standing Water, Groundwater, Soil & Air. In Turn Enters Into Surrounding Neighborhoods & Entire Communities.
Expansion & Contraction:
- All Roofs Move as They are Continually Exposed to Constant Temperature Changes, Causing them to Expand & Contract. Over Time, this Process can Lead to Cracks, Leaks, Overall Breakdown & Structural Damage.
- Traditional Roofing Materials are Particularly Prone to These Negative Effects, Reducing the Overall Lifespan of the Roof.
- The Continuous Movement from Expansion & Contraction Further Accelerates Roof Deterioration by Loosening Nails & Fasteners that Hold Materials in Place, Causing Greater Weakness Against Storms.
Overflowing, Limited Space - Overwhelming Waste Dumps:
- Traditional Roof Removal & Replacement Generates Vast Amounts of Waste Needing to be Transported & Stored.
- 76,712,328 Million Pounds PER DAY - 28 Billion Pounds PER YEAR of Roofing Shingles ALONE End Up in US Landfills.
- Shingle Waste Highlights the Magnitude of the Problem.
- This Doesn’t Account for Other Roofing Waste or Anything Outside the USA. The Accumulation of Roof Waste Takes Up Valuable Landfill Space, Limiting Capacity for Other Types of Waste.
- Waste Generation Into Overflowing Landfills Also RequiresTransportation & Storage Fees that are Always Rising. These Fees can Also Increases if There is Hazardous Material Like Asbestos Involved.
- When Stored in Dumps Some Materials Such as Coal Tar Base Asphalt from Roll Roofing & Shingles can Take a Long Time To Breakdown, Approximately 300 Years & During that Time can Release Harmful Chemicals, Carcinogens Potentially Contaminating Air, Standing Water & Groundwater Supplies Effecting Large Surrounding Areas.
Susceptibility to Storm Damage:
- Severe Weather Events, Like Storms & Hail Cause Significant Roofing Damage & have Resulted in $ Billions of Dollars in Damages from Even a Single Event.
- Aging Roofs Become More Susceptible to Storm-Related Damage, Particularly from UV, Rain, Wind & Hail. Wind Uplift Alone can Wreak Havoc on Seams, Cracks, Joints, & Holes in Roofs.
- These Older Roofs are No Longer Adequately Prepared for Severe Weather Conditions. This Vulnerability Poses Risks to Building Occupants, Contents & the Environment.
- Not Fully Adhered Roofs are Placed Down & Nailed or Fastened Onto a Surface. Over Time these Fasteners Weaken Breaking Down & Allowing for Greater Entry & Destruction from Wind Uplift & Water Penetration.
The Solution to Costly Removal & Replacement is Green Coatings ENCASEMENT: A Revolutionary Approach to Roof Restoration. Instead of Tearing Off & Replacing Old Roofs, this Innovative Process Involves Applying Solar Reflective & Environmentally Friendly Coatings.
These are Fluid Applied & Fully Adhered Directly to the Surface, Adding Strong Adhesion & Grip. Providing Powerful Cross-Link Bonding to the Old Roof Surface Thereby Sealing & Mechanically Locking in a Defensive Enclosure Over the Existing Roof for Long- Term, Renewable Performance.
Green Coatings ENCASEMENT Transforms Old, Worn-Out Surfaces Into a Seamless, Monolithic & Continuous Membrane that can Outperform New Roofs in Many Aspects. This Also Helps Minimize the Creation of So Much Unwanted Waste that Needs to be Transported & Stored.
Advantages of Green Coatings Encasement
By Restoring Roofs Instead of Fully Removing & Replacing them, Green Coatings ENCASEMENT Significantly Reduces Harmful Waste Generation, Transportation & Landfill Burden Along with Ever Rises Fee’s for Those Services.
Strong Odors, Harmful Chemicals, Toxic Materials can Come With Typical Roof Removal & Replacement. With Green Coatings ENCASEMENT Being an Environmentally Friendly Coating, 100% Non-Toxic, Zero VOC’s, Biodegradable & Free From Harsh Chemicals, Ensuring a Safe & Healthy Environment for Everyone.
Non-Invasive - No Building Downtime:
With no Need to Remove the Existing Roof There is No Costly Disruption to Services That Will Hamper Operations & Day to Day Activity. The Seamless, Fluid Applied Process is Easily Installed Directly Over the Existing Roofing System, so Businesses can Continue Their Normal Activities with Minimal Interruption. This Aspect is Particularly Beneficial for Commercial Buildings, Where Downtime can Translate Into Substantial Revenue Loss.
Turning Surfaces Solar Reflective Lowers Roof Surface Temperature & Creates Interior Passive Cooling, Decreasing the Need for Air Conditioning & Other Cooling Methods. In Turn Reducing Power Consumption - Ultimately Saving Money & Energy. Also Combatting Urban Heat Island Effect Contributing to a Cooler, Healthier Overall Urban Environment & Far Less Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
Restoring Old Roofs Encapsulates Hazardous Materials that may be Bontained In the Old Roof Material, Such as Asbestos, Lead, Coal Tar Based, PCB’s, etc., Preventing Toxic Exposure & Release of Those Hazardous Into the Environment.
A Seamless, Monolithic, Continuous Membrane Produced By Green Coatings ENCASEMENT Quickly Fortifies the Roof's Resistance to Wind Uplift, Water Penetration & Overall Storm Damage.
Elongation Enhances Roof Lifespan:
Being Flexible With Extreme Elongation Green Coatings ENCASEMENT Helps Reduce Splitting & Breakdown From Expansion & Contraction Issues by Moving with the Surface it’s Covering. Not Cracking From Stretching & Shrinking Due to Temperature Changes & Other Building Movement. This Feature Alone Can Greatly Extend the Overall Lifespan of the Roof.
Roof Restoration with Green Coatings is Often More Economical Than Full Removal & Replacement, Saving Building Owners Valuable Time & Money. This is Especially True When All Indirect Costs are Added Into Calculations.
At the End of the Service Cycle You Simply Reapply Another Coat Which Cross-Link Bonds with the Existing Material for An Additional Long Term Cycle, Technically Never Needing to Tear Off & Replace your Roof Ever Again.
Green Coatings ENCASEMENT Offers a Sustainable & Efficient Solution to the Downsides of Old Roofing.
By Opting for Restoration Instead of Removal & Replacement, We Can Reduce Harmful Waste, Mitigate Environmental Hazards, Quickly Reinforce, Turn Heat Absorbing Surfaces Solar Reflective & Combat the Urban Heat Island Effect.
Moreover, this Approach Improves Storm Resistance & Extends the Lifespan of Roofs, Ultimately Benefiting Both the Environment & Building Owners.
Embracing Green Coatings Encasement Paves the Way for a Greener, More Sustainable Roofing Future.