1. Product Name
MPE™ Multi-Purpose Encapsulant
3. Product Description
MPE™ is excellent for use over:
- Fluffy or cementitious sprayed on fireproofing
- Decorative and acoustical plaster on ceilings and walls
- Insulation on pipes, boilers, tanks and ducts
- Transite siding and roofing
- Mineral cap sheet
- Asphalt BUR, modified bitumen
- Floor tiles
- Textiles and other fibrous materials
Floor adhesives and mastic
4. Technical Data and Properties
Solids by weight:
Solids by volume:
Weight per gallon:
25.2% (+/- 2%)
24% (+/- 2%)
½ to 24 hours (depends on dilution, air temperature and humidity)
5. Product Installation
- MPE™ is ready to use.
- PROTECT FROM FREEZING.
- Apply by brush or roller, or airless sprayer.
- All surfaces must be clean, dry, and free of mold, mildew, chalking, dirt, grease, oil, or other contaminants that would interfere with proper adhesion.
- Best applied in temperatures between 50ºF and 100ºF.
- Apply only when weather conditions will permit drying before rain, dew or freezing temperatures.
- Cool temperatures and high humidity retard cure.
- Follow manufacturer’s application guidelines.
- Easy to use and clean up is with water.
6. Availability and Cost