This roof was applied with the GEI-FR Emulsion to level the low spot and help protect from extreme weather changes
1. Product Name
Asphalt Emulsion Fire Retardant Roof Coating
GLOBAL Encasement, Inc.
701 E. Santa Clara Street
Ventura, CA 93001 USA
PHONE: (800) 266-3982
FAX: (800) 520-3291
3. Product Description
GEI-FR Emulsion is an ecologically preferred non-fibered fire retardant containing no Asbestos or solvents. It is water-based, non-flammable and breathable.
GEI-FR Emulsion offers outstanding resistance to weather, cracking and most industrial pollutants. The emulsion has excellent resistance to heat that can build up on roofs and will not sag, flow, or re-emulsify under any weather conditions.
It can be used over smooth or mineral composition built-up roofing, or as a protective surface for metal roofing, masonry, stucco, parapet walls, curb and base flashings.
4. Technical Data and Properties
Solids by volume:
Weight per gallon:
Mild acrylic odor
12 hours (depends on temperature and humidity)
GEI-FR Emulsion is an Underwriters Laboratories Tested product and meets their Class A rating (in accordance with UL 790) when used as a component of an approved roof system.
5. Product Installation
- GEI-FR Emulsion is ready to use.
- DO NOT DILUTE. PROTECT FROM FREEZING.
- Apply by spray, brush or squeegee.
- All surfaces must be clean, dry, and free of mold, mildew, chalking, dirt, grease, oil, or other contaminants that would interfere with proper adhesion.
- Best applied in temperatures between 50ºF and 100ºF.
- Apply only when weather conditions will permit drying before rain, dew or freezing temperatures.
- DO NOT apply topcoats until GEI-FR Emulsion is completely dry. Normally dries in 12 hours. Cool temperatures and high humidity can affect dry and cure time.
- Follow manufacturer’s application guidelines.
- Easy to use and clean up is with water.
GEI-FR Emulsion coverage varies depending on porosity, mil thickness, and texture of the surface being encased. Calculated coverage rates on a flat surface are as follows:
= 6 @ 120 sq. ft./gallon
= 7 @ 103 sq. ft./gallon
= 8 @ 90 sq. ft./gallon
= 9 @ 80 sq. ft./gallon
= 10 @ 72 sq. ft./gallon
= 11 @ 65 sq. ft./gallon
= 12 @ 60 sq. ft./gallon
6. Availability and Cost
Call GLOBAL Encasement, Inc. at 800-266-3982 for pricing and availability.
GLOBAL Encasement, Inc. can warrant for a period of up to twenty (20) years from the date of purchase that GEI-FR Emulsion is free of any defects in manufacturing. The Limited Warranty herein described shall be in lieu of any other warranty, expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
GLOBAL Encasement, Inc.'s sole liability under this Limited Warranty shall be, at its option, to replace any portion of the product proven to be defective in manufacture.
Any defects discovered must be reported to GLOBAL Encasement, Inc. within the Limited Warranty period, and no later than 30 days after discovery.
This Limited Warranty does not extend to liability for any damages due to abuse by occupants, improper maintenance, water damage, or any other causes beyond anticipated conditions and the manufacturer's control.
Download and Print
PDS (Product Description Sheet) and MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets)