seals all exposed insulation. The GEI Fabric
is laid into the first coat of RoofCoat™
and back rolled.
1. Product Name
GLOBAL Encasement, Inc.
701 E. Santa Clara Street
Ventura, CA 93001 USA
PHONE: (800) 266-3982
FAX: (800) 520-3291
3. Product Description
GEI Fabric is a 100% polyester reinforcement fabric made without the use of adhesives or binders. It is produced by the world’s largest manufacturer of stitch-bonded fabrics using state-of-the-art technology.
GEI Fabric has outstanding physical strength, quick wet-out and saturation, and superior elongation.
GEI Fabric properties, characteristics and ease in handling and application, make it the best quality fabric to use with any of GLOBAL Encasement, Inc.’s TopCoats.
4. Technical Data and Properties
ROLL DIMENSIONS / SIZES / WEIGHTS:
20” Wide x 324’ Long / 533 sf / 12 lbs
40” Wide x 324’ Long / 1066 sf / 24 lbs
Other widths available. See TABLE 1 below.
5. Product Installation
- GEI Fabric is ready to use.
- May be applied by hand or roofing broom.
- All surfaces must be clean, dry, and free of dirt, grease, oil, or other contaminants that would interfere with proper adhesion.
- Complete saturation of GEI Fabric requires 3 gallons per 100 square feet (9.29 sqm) of RoofCoat™ Topcoat.
- Best applied in temperatures between 50ºF and 100ºF.
- Apply only when weather conditions will permit drying before rain, dew or freezing temperatures.
- Follow manufacturer’s application guidelines.
6. Availability and Cost
Various sizes of cut rolls are available upon request.
Call GLOBAL Encasement, Inc. at 800-266-3982 for pricing and availability.
GEI Fabric Average Value
Weight (per sq. yard)
|Calculated by formula
|Bursting Strength (lbs)
||ASTM D3786 (Mullen)
|Tensile Strength (psi)
||ASTM D1682 (Grab)
||ASTM D1117 (Trapezoid)
|Ease of Saturation
These products are for industrial/commercial applications only. Since the condition of use is beyond GLOBAL Encasement’, Inc.’s control, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability resulting from the misuse of our products.
Download and Print
PDS (Product Description Sheet), MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) and ( Safety Data Sheets)